/Two of the most relevant players in the casino business merge
Two of the most relevant players in the casino business merge

Two of the most relevant players in the casino business merge

These are the Chilean Enjoy, owner of the former Conrad hotel in Uruguay, and Dreams. How will it impact the gaming and betting business

Two of the main companies related to the casino business announced that they are joining forces. These are the Chilean Enjoy, owner of the former Conrad hotel in Uruguay, and Dreams announced this Thursday night that reached a final agreement to merge both companies, after carrying out a reciprocal due diligence through their respective “clean teams”, thus completing all the stages of the process that began on September 28, 2021. According to what was indicated by the companies in essential facts to the Commission for the Financial Market (CMF), Enjoy will be the continuing entity and the shareholders of Dreams – controlled by the group Fischer- will reach 64% of the shares of the combined entity, while the current Enjoy shareholders will control the remaining 36%. “The merger of Dreams and Enjoy will consolidate the leadership of a Chilean company in the casino industry in Latin America and will allow the promotion of new lines of business such as e-gaming and other initiatives in the entertainment sector, which will benefit from greater scale and geographic diversification, which will undoubtedly allow us to deliver a better value offer for our clients,” said Henry Comber, president of the Enjoy board of directors.

Enjoy es dueña en Uruuguay del exhotel ConradEnjoy owns the former Conrad hotel in Uruguay

Details of the operationDos de los jugadores más relevantes en el negocio de los casinos se fusionan “The new firm will combine all the experience of both groups and a financial strength that will allow it to robustly face the new challenges that the effects of the pandemic and the development of new technologies have imposed on the gaming and entertainment industry in Latin America,” said Claudio Fischer, president of the board of Dreams. The execution of this operation is also subject to the approval of the Chilean government authorities, including the Superintendence of Gaming Casinos, the Commission for the Financial Market and the National Economic Prosecutor’s Office, as well as other government authorities in the countries in which the merged entities maintain operations. Thus, it will also require, as appropriate, the authorization of the current creditors of both companies. The final agreement must be approved by the respective extraordinary shareholders’ meetings of both companies and it is estimated that the operation will materialize during the next 9 to 12 months.

Dos de los jugadores más relevantes en el negocio de los casinos se fusionanTwo of the most relevant players in the casino business merge

Among the main assets that the merged company will have are: Gaming casinos, hotels, event centers and restaurants in the districts of Iquique, Antofagasta, Coquimbo, San Antonio, Rinconada de los Andes, Viña del Mar, Mostazal, Los Angeles, Temuco, Pucón, Valdivia, Puerto Varas, Castro, Coyhaique and Punta Arenas. While in the region the Park Hyatt Mendoza Hotel and its gaming casino are incorporated into the new society; Enjoy Punta del Este Casino & Resort; eight casinos and their associated assets in Lima, Tacna and Cusco, in addition to the Solbet.pe online gaming operation; Panama Ocean Casino in Punta Pacifica, in Panama City; and three gaming casinos, one in Cartagena de Indias and two in Bogotá

Read More